20 Aralık 2014 Cumartesi

Reflection task 2-b




a) This video is about the impositions on people, on our minds. There are a teacher and several         students in a class in this video.The teacher comes to class and says 2 + 2 = 5 and wants student to repeat this by force.All of them do this in the way the teacher wants but after a while one of the students raises his finger and speaks 2 + 2  is exactly 4 Sir.The teacher gets mad and says ' say as I do 2 + 2 = 5 ! because this is the answer and I don not want you to query anything.In spite of these impositions the student does not listen his teacher and prepares his own end.







b) This video is an Iranian short film that was watched by many all around the world. The aim of the video maker is to criticize authoritarian
education system.He believes that making someone believe your truths or compell someone for something is absolutely wrong.He thinks that in our lives all of us have different point of vievs some realities and you cannot change anything by force.Nothing will change actually even if you use your power of the position you have.Some truths are immutable.I agree with the video maker because everybody has to respect each other and count their opinions.This is  the only way for communicating.Assume that I am the most powerful person in my country and think that I am using my power only for the sake of my comfort, my truths and I want all the people to think as I do by any means. So, let's think the result, think the psychology of public and
repressed emotions, thoughts... I like the way video maker's giving the main message because the
visualization of  the video makes you think the connection between the story in the video and your own life.This video is watches by many in very different countries and a lot of important men in press, broadcasting and publication say that this video is worth standing ovation.It has become a good exemplary for doing something in terms of preventing impositions.By the way I want to say an extract of Che Guevara  In life always defend the truth, if there is not anybody who appreciates you at least you get rid of giving an account to your conscience.

1 yorum:

  1. Dear Ayşe
    I've read your reflection and found it very impressive. You stated your opinions and the perspective of the video makers clearly. You support your ideas very strongly by making readers to image the the things you say. Apart from these, I've found some mistakes. In the first line, You've said 'there are a teaher and several students'. You could've said there is a teacher and there are several students, instead. In addition, in 4. line, it would be better if you had used a colon after 'speaks' and cotation marks before '2' and after 'Sir'. In 13. line, you should've said 'different points of view' instead of 'different point of vievs' and use a comma after views. Last of all, in 23. line, you said 'this video is watches' by mistake. Except hte ones I've mentioned above, I really like the way you write.

    YanıtlaSil